- I haven't been thinking about it. Mint's been sending me irritating "where have you gone, we have sweet features" emails since I haven't logged in in so long. I could have been the victim of identity theft or had all my investment or savings accounts drained and had no idea. PS - Mint your features have been sucking last I checked.
- On the plus side this means I've been too busy to worry about $$$ in any way.
- It's nice to get that final bonus pay check a few weeks after you've stopped working.
- My SO is saving my ass on the cooking, shopping, cleaning front. Officially the only reason we've been near normal on our food expenses.
- Socializing with new friends and classmates has been a lot cheaper than I was expecting. House parties and potlucks have been incorporated as semi regular features of the get togethers though they are never explicitly termed such.
- I have paid for parking. It was outrageous. But needed.
- I have bought food on campus. It was much less outrageous and not needed, but a well deserved breather in the need to cook.
- Eating healthy, home-cooked food, exercising, and sleeping sane amounts are the only things keeping my life together. Money is a side benefit of our cooking now, the prime ones are health and normalcy.
- MBAs are price sensitive, their sensitivity is just calibrated a factor of ~5 higher than mine.
- I'll be updating my guesses on a two-year budget.... someday. Right now I don't think I'm doing bad, but with no data (see #1) it's hard to say.
- When there is free food on campus (often) people tend to go for the junk over the healthy, but more expensive fruit and veggie options. I am totally guilty of this, but hope to be better (for health reasons) now that I'm aware.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
School has taken over my life
Well, so much for trying to keep a posting schedule. I am completely inundated by the emails, work, classes, and activities of school and trying to keep a sane eating, exercise, and sleep schedule. So let me give you some quick hits on how my money has been doing in this first month (!!!).