- Vacation Homes vs. Investment Properties: Where Mortgage Lenders Get it Wrong @ Lazy Man and Money - I've been loving Lazy Man's series on his new vacation home in Newport and this installment covers their mortgage approval issues.
- Why You Should Invest Like a Girl @ Five Cent Nickel - "According to the report, though women have better investing habits, they tend to have (again, on average) shorter job tenures and lower incomes. In other words, they have much more to overcome when it comes to preparing for retirement." Interesting stuff.
- Tips for Combining Finances @ Sweating The Big Stuff - Crystal has some great advice for couples looking to merge their money
- A Stack of Bills Reaching to the Moon: How to Quantify Our National Debt @ Freakonomics - It's so much money I have a hard time relating to it.
- What is an ETF and Buying it as Your First Investment, Oil ETF List and Comparison, Global Energy ETF for Exposure to International Oil and Gas Stocks @Oil and Gas ETFs - I'm trying, so slowly, to build up my investing knowledge beyond index funds. It's slow going.
- What Separates the Dreamers From the Doers @ Money Crush - Great advice to motivate you to achieve.
I also had two guest posts:
- Using Your Unique Skills to Save Money @ Saving Money Today
- Stability can Help Build Wealth @ Money is the Root